Gifted Testing CUSD Student - Kindergarten
Enrichment Programs -
School Year 2020-2021
This test is the Cognitive Abilities Test consisting of three sections: Verbal Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning and Non-verbal Reasoning. It is a multiple choice test.
Register your child according to the grade they were in during the 2020/2021 school year.
All testing will take place at Knox Gifted Academy: 700 W. Orchid Lane, Chandler, AZ 85225.
Parents are not permitted in the testing room; a classroom for waiting will be available.To offer testing opportunities at this time and maintain CDC guidelines, the following precautions will be put in place:
- To offer testing opportunities at this time and maintain CDC guidelines, the following precautions will be put in place:
- Staggered start times have been established to limit the number of people entering the campus at one time.
- Only one adult may accompany the student.
- It is strongly recommended that siblings do not attend.
- All people must wear a mask. Students can remove masks once they are seated for testing. Students will need to wear masks when transitioning (entering, exiting, using the restroom, etc.)
- There will be assigned seating in a designated room for parents to sign-in and wait for the duration of testing.
- Testing takes approximately 60-90 minutes for PreK through first grade and approximately 3 hours for grades second through seventh.
- Parents are welcome to leave the campus and return closer to the end of the test session.
- Students will have an assigned seat in the testing room that will allow 6 ft. social distancing.
- Test proctors will be wearing face shields since the test questions are read orally.
- Hand sanitizer will be available and students will need to use it before and after testing.
- Water fountains will be closed. Please bring a water bottle for your student.
- Please do not attend the session if you or your child are feeling ill or exhibiting any of the following symptoms, please do not attend testing. Instead, please contact me to discuss options for rescheduling. Any person who is visibly exhibiting these symptoms will be asked to leave the facility.